Connect with us

Penn State Nittany Lions

Vols among favorites for DL target

 

One of Tennessee’s remaining defensive-line targets in the 2019 class announced Sunday that the Vols are among his top contenders going into the final weeks of his recruitment.

Three-star senior defensive lineman Jared Harrison-Hunte of Christ the King Regional High School in Middle Village, N.Y., released a list of his top eight college choices Sunday on his Twitter account, and Tennessee made his list of favorites.

The 6-foot-4, 286-pound Harrison-Hunte tweeted an image that showed the logos of the eight schools he’s strongly considering: Arizona State, Miami, Rutgers, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State and Texas A&M.

Harrison-Hunte went on official visits to Arizona State and Ohio State last month, and he’s still planning to use his three remaining official visits before signing with the school of his choice in February.

Penn State is the favorite to land him, according to the 247Sports Crystal Ball, with the Nittany Lions getting 90 percent of the current predictions and the other 10 percent going to Ohio State.

Tennessee extended a scholarship offer to Harrison-Hunte in June after he attended one of the Vols’ camps and impressed first-year coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff there. It was his first trip to Knoxville, and he told GoVols247 after the visit that Tennessee made a strong impression on him.

“Now that I got a view of the place, it’s really nice,” he said at the time. “It’s really Southern. I like Southern places. I like the people there, the coaching staff. They’re really good people. The campus itself is nice. The people I met there besides the coaches are nice, so it just lets me know that it’s a good environment, (and) there’s nothing to worry about. I’d feel comfortable there. I like it.”

Working with Tennessee defensive line coach Tracy Rocker and getting to know him after the camp were among the highlights of Harrison-Hunte’s visit with the Vols in June.

“The one thing that stood out the most is the coaching staff — well, actually, one coach. It was the D-line coach,” Harrison-Hunte said in June. “He’s really down-to-earth and cool. He was trying to figure me out, but you could tell that he was a nice guy — very old-school — and that he knew his stuff, so that’s one thing that made me want to come back there, get to know him better.

After his official visit to Ohio State the weekend of Nov. 24 for the Buckeyes’ win over Michigan, he told 247Sports’ Bill Kurelic that Ohio State had “always been high” on his list of choices.

“Ohio State definitely has a chance,” Harrison-Hunte told Kurelic at the time.

Harrison-Hunte is ranked the No. 548 overall prospect and No. 35 defensive tackle in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2019 class. He’s also ranked by 247Sports as the No. 718 overall player and No. 45 defensive tackle in the 2019 class.

Source Link

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement

More in Penn State Nittany Lions